Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Foundation

Yesterday, I was writing on my blog about my gaming experience when I accidentally clicked on a button that bought me to another page. I hit the back button but lo and behold the page turned up error. So, I tried typing blogger.com back to see my dashboard and posts. It's gone. It didn't save the draft. I hated it when I've already written 2 paragraphs worth. And it was a such a positive post that I actually surprised myself. I guess my blog is telling me in such a 'coincidental' way perhaps that it's not meant to be posted. Okay, on to my post today.

Faith has brought me this far. (and yes, I'm sad).

I realized that having faith is a key element of a relationship. How did I come up with that conclusion?

I realized that in every relationship, love is not enough. You must have trust, understanding, and compromise. Yes, I said compromise. No one is ever truly right for each other. There will always come a time when a problem, belief, or practice arises that both of you don't agree upon. This is not a bad thing because each person/human being is unique. What one must learn is how to respect that other person's self-being. It's not easy because like I said before man is essentially selfish, and when one thing doesn't go your way - you tend to reject it. This is the first reaction - that unintentional response would be is not to accept. Then when you learn to accept this anomaly in your system it's because you have faith in this person.

Of course you must understand that love is still the foundation of the relationship. Because without it, you're just essentially just playing with that person or you're in lust with the person - take your pick. But I find that the key to holding this foundation together is faith. If you don't have faith, the foundation can start to rot. It will slowly deteriorate from various problems arising. I have always wondered why people break up even after how many years in a relationship and I know for a fact that this couple actually loves each other. The problem is their foundation didn't have that key to hold it together that's why - it just took years for it to finally give up.

Honestly, I do find myself afraid of losing this foundation. Faith has glued it back for me. It's not always sturdy especially at times of storms and strong winds. But I always try and I never ever stop trying. I might bellow and moan about it but I never want to give up.

This of course must be done by two persons having faith. I honestly believe that if you really want it to work out - four hands are needed to keep it strong and steady.

Faith has brought me this far. (I'm sorry)

0 comments: