Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is it foolish to be engrossed in every book, movie or series that I find to my liking? I usually escape to this world away from reality. I take everything in and let it bombard my senses – I drift away and let myself be dragged into metaphysical experiences in my head. Some say I take things to heart and let it control the rest of my day. Bottomline: I get affected easily.

I noticed how I shut things out once I’m on that “last” syndrome. I tend to forget and neglect. I don’t even mind because I wanted to feel that way – happy, sad, hurt, elated, depressed, adventurous etc. It all depends on what I just read or watched. This is probably the reason why sometimes I act irrationally. I just let my imagination run wild. It’s just not usually out. It’s tucked neatly in my memory spaces and has an on/off switch, which gets turn on right after a good book/movie. Then will not shut down for some time. Time limit unknown.

I guess it’s better to get intoxicated in these experiences rather than me doing something illegal. It’s such a petty excuse but if I took this to extremes then I’ll be having a problem in my hands. Probably soon though, if you leave me alone for longer periods of time. Help?

What I need is a big dose of reality again, maybe watch a bit of CNN and realize that my imaginary world will never come close to what is seen there. Give me a bit of straightforward, stiff news out there. Add a bit of boringness as well with talk of politics and economy. Hey, I’m not saying these things are not important. It just bores the hell out of me. Come on, as I’ve said…kill me now.

Question for the day: Do you know who I am?

0 comments: