Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

An Indulgent Stay in Bohol

Our company outing this year was in the Philippines so I got to go home.  Well...not exactly since we've decided to take a trip down south - Cebu, the Queen City and Bohol, the land of Tarsiers and Chocolate Hills.  


Peek-a-boo: Tarsier 

It's actually my 3rd or 4th time in Cebu so it wasn't that exciting for me.  It's my second time in Bohol. The last time I went was only for a day tour of the place.  This time around I was lucky enough to choose the resort.  I had to do a bit of research coz we needed a place good for relaxing and some team building.  I took a suggestion from my friend and it was down to Amarela Resort.  It was nice, clean and idyllic.  

Garden Facade: Amarela Resort



View from Veranda: Amarela Pool


Steps to the room

It needs a bit of improvement on the staff side though. I guess the place wasn't really that suited to big groups despite the size.  It's more for couples and families. Still, we had a good time.  The food was so-so. But it was a culinary experience for most of my colleagues since it's their first time in the Philippines.  Here are some of the food you can order from the resort restaurant.  


Crispy Pata

Seafood Platter


Avocado Shake

Ooh almost forgot, you have to try their Amarela cocktail. Divine.  I think the bartender already knew how I like after my second order.  :) 

What I loved about the place is really the uniqueness of each room.  I went and peeked at each room which we booked.  Each place had its own quirks.  Every room had a unique set of keychains. The set-up such as the paintings were different for each room.  Each room had its own feel. We only got the superior rooms so I do wonder what it would feel like in the deluxe rooms. It doesn't hurt to go back right? :p


Unique keychain designs for each room


Cute Shell-Soap Dish

I also liked that they had a library of not only books but DVDs as well.  There was an extensive line of new titles for both and are for free by the way.  You borrow a DVD and popped it on your player in your own room or just grab a book and head on towards the beach where there are hammocks for some reflection chu-chu.  :P Their massage service wasn't so bad right at your own room, and relatively cheap too (especially for Singaporean standards).  


Little Nook 


1st Floor: Reception, Sitting & Dining Room
2nd Floor: Library

We had of course a tour of Bohol countryside (which was not that new to me) but it was still all good.  The usual was on the list of course...Blood Compact Shrine, Baclayon Church, Chocolate Hills, Tarsier Encounter and Loboc River Cruise.  Second time around wasn't so bad since you get to experience with a different group. Another memorable activity we did was our snorkeling session in Balicasag Island.  The fish sanctuary was fantastic. There were all kinds of fishes, corals, and even a big turtle.  Bohol is famous for its dive sites so its a must-see.  

I recommend everyone who has not set foot in Bohol to go and stay in Panglao Island. 3 days and 2 nights would be worth it. Have your countryside tour on your first day.  Go snorkeling or scuba diving on your second day.  Then have a relaxing day on your third and just breathe in the tranquility of the sights.  Indulge as I always say.  


Sunset at Amarela

0 comments: