Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

New Toy

Just bought a new toy. The Lumix GF1 with the 20mm f1.7 pancake lens. It has 12.0 Mega Pixels and a 3.0 inch LCD. I did try googling why it's called pancake lens but couldn't find a straight answer. My colleague just told me a matter of factly that because the lens is flat like pancakes.  Such a silly way to call the lens. 

Oh well, here's the picture of my new GF1 (image taken using my HTC phone, f2.8 and 5.0 Mega Pixels, which is not so bad for a camera phone - only for those quick shots to use for reference). :)  


Here are some trial shots that I took with the GF1:  

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Purple Flora

White Flora

Not Flora :P

I'm quite excited to play around with the camera. I need to teach myself the basics again and find the best settings that would suit me.  I will purchase the zoom lens too. For now, I'm happy with it. Plus, the colour is nice! 

Here's an interesting image of the GF1 dissected. :P

0 comments: